Matter is for professionals who want to become the best version of themselves.
✨ Peer feedback is the silver bullet to reaching your aspirations.
✨ People perform better when they hear monthly peer feedback (proven by science too!).
✨ Everyone deserves the opportunity to achieve mastery, learn, grow, and be respected by their peers.
Matter makes feedback easier, pleasant, and more productive.
How do we know? Because our customers told us!
"The app is amazing. Everything about it, from the interface to the way in which I am able to send and receive feedback is amazing." - Product at Dribbble
"Matter is an empathetic experience which directly speaks to your heart, connecting yourself to your peers and driving betterment." - Designer at Adobe
"As knowledge workers, we are paid to use our brains. We spend too little time improving how our brains work. Matter is an incredibly powerful way to grow your skills." - Leader at Airbnb
Matter is looking for a talented and enthusiastic full-stack engineer who shares our passion for building products that truly delight users.
As one of the first 10 employees at Matter, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
* You’ve been building web applications professionally for 3+ years.
* You have experience with front-end frameworks — e.g., React, Angular or Ember.
* You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
* You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
* You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
* You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
* Experience with Node.js
* Experience with AWS
* Experience with React
* Experience with Redux
* Experience with TypeScript
* Experience in small startup environments